Saturday, November 13, 2010

Want It Got It TPB : The Twilight Experiment

UPDATE: Coming Soon as a TPB. On Amazon-This title will be released on June 14, 2011.

Writer: Justin Gray and Jimmy Palmiotti
Artist: Juan Santacruz
Publisher: Wildstorm/DC Comics (2005)
Includes: The Twilight Experiment #1-6

I enjoyed both the writing and artwork in this mini-series and was quite shocked (in the way you go to a restaurant for their specialty...only to be told it's run/sold out.) that this didn't make the cut to be a TPB.

I do believe the overall story was a bit defused. However, the underlining ideas within the story were great! The idea of what makes a hero a hero is very interesting to me.

Someone at work asked me once, "If you had the powers of Superman, what would you do?" (Yes, we do ask those questions at work. This blog is called the DORK review for a reason.)

Without skipping a beat I said, "Take over the world!"

Would that make me a hero or a villain? And doesn't it all depend on your world view and what the world would become?

This mini-series kind of answers the same question.

No comments: