Sunday, September 20, 2026

TPB A DAY 016: The Ogre Gods series - YAY!

SPECIAL EDITION SUNDAY: I didn’t just read one TPB - I read the entire series (Volumes 1–4). 

YAY - This series is a must-have! Seriously, go order it NOW! It’s the perfect twisted fairy tale for adults - dark, strange, and incredibly compelling. The almost Disney-animation-esque quality of the artwork creates a fantastic contrast with the story’s violent, grotesque, and often disturbing subject matter. I totally loved it!

RIP: Hubert Boulard, the writer of The Ogre Gods, died in February 2020 at 49 years old. It’s especially bittersweet knowing that he and artist Bertrand Gatignol had already completed the four-book saga before his passing, meaning his story was able to reach its intended conclusion rather than being left unfinished, but he never got to see the fourth book published.

Support us by purchasing the books on Amazon with the Links provided below:
First Born: The Ogre Gods, Book Four

DORK PLAN: I’m going to read one TPB a day from my 5,000+ strong TPB collection. I’ll post the one I read here the next day with a YAY or NAY, and maybe a line or two about what I thought. NOTE: Got a TPB you want me to read? Drop it in the comments! If I have it, I’ll give it a review.

No comments: