Friday, September 18, 2026

TPB A DAY 012: Batman/Elmer Fudd: Deluxe Edition - YAY!

YAY - FUCKIN’ BRILLIANT! This Batman/Elmer Fudd crossover is a masterful piece of storytelling and art. Most IP crossovers are pretty lame, but this one is - AWESOME!

My only complaint is the extra cartoony-based story included in the TPB. The artwork was painfully bad and didn’t do the writing any favors. They should have gotten someone to mimic Chuck Jones’ style and laid it out like an animated short. Dave Alvarez would have been perfect! Oh well! We can’t have it all.

 

DORK PLAN: I’m going to read one TPB a day from my 5,000+ strong TPB collection. I’ll post the one I read here the next day with a YAY or NAY, and maybe a line or two about what I thought. NOTE: Got a TPB you want me to read? Drop it in the comments! If I have it, I’ll give it a review.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dork! King & Weeks snuck a stealth sequel to this epic in 2019's Batman #67! I really wish DC had included it in this hardcover.

Your pal in Milwaukee,
Jim

The Dork said...

Me too!