Friday, January 21, 2022

RIP Meat Loaf - you will be missed!

Addendum:
As a kid, my dad let me watch The Rocky Horror Picture Show on ON TV. I loved the one Meat Loaf song and scene, then was absolutely horrified by the following dinner sequence. I was a fan from that moment on! "Hot Patootie, Bless My Soul. I really love that Rock n' Roll!" Thank you, Meat Loaf!
-Rob's Room
And then there was this epic... the build up and change in attitude from him trying to convince her in the back of his car (where he "can see paradise by the dashboard light"), the baseball pay-by-play announcer, to his praying for the end of time. It was juvenile and brilliant to my teenaged brain. "Let me sleep on it, Baby Baby."
He even had a moment teaming with the Marvel Universe to help with the Special Olympics Games...
Also worth shouting out that Bernie Wrightson created the cover art for his second album, "Dead Ringer."

2 comments:

Esteban "Chino" Decker said...

a great loss I remember him more for his supporting role in Fight Club.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

great memories.I have my own. He was one of a kind.