Monday, May 31, 2021

Rob's Room: The Sandman Cast

The Sandman Cast (via Netflix)
I am honestly ambivalent about this Netflix series... I have no issues with the "controversial" casting (as far as I'm concerned, The Endless would appear differently in distinct cultures or situations - like when Dream was a cat [issue #18] or Death was a Chinese woman [issue #47]). My ambivalence actually stems from my memories of waiting each month for a new book to come out.  When it did, I would run to down to Comic Relief to purchase it only to have to wait for my then-girlfriend to come over so we could read it together - otherwise she'd be pissed at me (...haha... It was actually a really nice ritual)! I have such cherished memories of this book series (and the time in my life around then). I fear this live action version may somehow distort or conflict with those memories.  I still plan on and look forward to watching (I imagine she will be watching too and we'll be listening together for "the sound of her wings" one last time)! :)

No comments: