Saturday, January 7, 2012

Secrets of the Legion Bumper Sticker

Released in October, 1980

Clipped from Miscellaneous Legion Items: According to Michael Grabois,
"Back when [the Secrets of the Legion of Super-Heroes] miniseries first came out in mid-October 1980, the Direct Market was just starting out (and in fact there wouldn’t be any ‘direct sales only’ books for another year or two) and I guess they weren’t sure how to promote it. So naturally they printed up some bumper stickers. I remember a stack of these at my local Heroes World store in Woodbridge Center, NJ, but sadly I only took one. (Shortly thereafter they had a red one for Arak [Son of Thunder] #1 and a bright yellow one for All-Star Squadron #1.) There’s nothing new on the sticker except some text, but this is one of the hardest Legion-related pieces to find. In the 20 years since this came out, I have seen only one other sticker."

No comments: