NAY - I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY wanted to like this series. I was a pug owner myself (RIP Porkchop), and the sheer outlandishness of a Conan-like barbarian riding around on a giant pug just tickles me silly! But sadly, it just didn’t land with me. I think this is more of a personal-taste thingy, but there were two big negatives for me.
The first is the secondary character Scribbly - who was SUPER annoying. Like, Jar Jar Binks-level annoying. Every time Scribbly showed up, I could feel myself getting pulled out of the story. The second was the coloring. I’m just not a fan of this particular style of coloring in comic books. It reminds me of the early days of digital painting in Malibu Comics, and fails the blur test for me.
The first is the secondary character Scribbly - who was SUPER annoying. Like, Jar Jar Binks-level annoying. Every time Scribbly showed up, I could feel myself getting pulled out of the story. The second was the coloring. I’m just not a fan of this particular style of coloring in comic books. It reminds me of the early days of digital painting in Malibu Comics, and fails the blur test for me.
Any who that's just my humble two cents.
NOTE: A blur test in art and design is a technique where you intentionally blur an image or painting to check its value contrast, visual hierarchy, and composition without being distracted by details or specific color hues
NOTE: A blur test in art and design is a technique where you intentionally blur an image or painting to check its value contrast, visual hierarchy, and composition without being distracted by details or specific color hues
DORK PLAN: I’m going to read one TPB a day from my 5,000+ strong TPB collection. I’ll post the one I read here the next day with a YAY or NAY, and maybe a line or two about what I thought. NOTE: Got a TPB you want me to read? Drop it in the comments! If I have it, I’ll give it a review.





No comments:
Post a Comment