Wednesday, May 8, 2024

Rob's Room: James Gunn’s New Superman Suit Debuts

James Gunn’s New Superman Suit Debuts (via Variety)

Updated with fan art by Havanxes Arts... Wow!

Interesting... not what I was expecting. Wasn't expecting the New 52 Superman costume detail or the shirt to be so loose fitting... I like the look of the shield.  Seems very James Gunn to debut the costume by showing even Superman puts his pants/boots on one leg at a time.

Look forward to seeing the finished movie! Thoughts?
Looking back on previous costume reveals (though I am not certain if this was the first look at Christopher Reeves from Superman: The Movie):

4 comments:

Mike said...

I'm going to withhold judgement until I see it in action, but it looks sloppy and and ill-fitting in that shot. Maybe Gunn's trying to portray Superman as more of a working class hero type?

The Dork said...

I try to stay positive on this site, but that image is not good and fails on many levels!

Toneobne said...

Ha ha! "I am positive that image is not good and fails on many levels."

The original Toby Maguire Spider-Man suit cost a TON of money and looked great. This suit looks like an off-the-shelf Neoprene wet suit, with random lines stitched into it.

Esteban "Chino" Decker said...

It's on the New 52 line.I hope this costume is in the first part of the movie and then he wears another one that is a little more iconic.