Monday, May 8, 2017

Wanted TPB: The Eternal

Writer: Chuck Austen
Artist: Kevin Walker
Publisher:
Marvel Comics (2003)
Includes:
The Eternals #1-6

Originally this mini-series about the origin of the Eternals was supposed to come out as a TPB. It was listed on Amazon, but for whatever reason Marvel decided against it. This mini-series from the more adult Marvel imprint MAX had a lot of rawness to it that I liked. It's about rebelling against their Makers for the love of lesser creatures. The art style that Kevin Walker embraces in this book does justice to Jack Kirby's original creation without simply being a mimic.

2 comments:

Sovereigneternal said...

I remember HATING this series when it first came out because it was such a departure from the first two volumes. I grew to appreciate it years later after multiple readings. It's an interesting story, but I still don't find it Eternal-ish for me.

The Dork said...

Yeah, its kind of its own thing.