Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Rob's Room: Frank Miller Artwork Recolored by James Harvey

James Harvey has an interesting take on recent Frank Miller.  I, personally, prefer all of his recolors to the originals (however, his colorful Lone Wolf & Cub Wonder Woman isn't my favorite... it is bold though).  Overall, I would prefer to see a "less digital" color pass on all Frank Miller works (I'd love seeing a recolored Dark Knight Strikes Again - sorry, Lynn Varley).  Read James Harvey's take here:
Theory: Frank Miller’s recent work is good, but DC have no idea what to do with it

UPDATE:  It appears Mr. Harvey created a bit of a shit storm with him post... He initially pulled his post, then re-upped it with a mea culpa of sorts.  Read his follow up post.  I feel bad for the unintended consequences for his actions (been there, done that!).

No comments: