Friday, January 28, 2011

Cool Poster: Superhero Wallbusters (1977)

Dork Note: I tried to find good quality images of these Wallbuster posters, but this is the best I could find on-line:(

Clipped from on-line: It's a type of poster they used to call "Wallbusters," from 1977. This thing is monstrous: 50" x 38", and the idea is that the scene is perforated and removable from the surrounding white space, after which you stick it on your wall to give the room that whole "HOLY SHIT! They're coming to get me!" feeling. These were popular in the 70s, with artist Neal Adams providing the artwork for several of these posters, which featured Marvel Comics characters like Spider-Man or the Hulk, DC Comics heroes like Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman.

Dork Note: Here is a list of Wallbusters done by Neal Adams -
Batman & Robin, Evil Kneivel, King Kong, Superman, Tarzan, and Wonder Woman

3 comments:

Rocky WonderPug said...

Wow I've never seen the Star Trek one before. That's aaaaaaaawesome.

Unknown said...

How much Are these worth I found a Superman One

Unknown said...

I have a Superman, Batman and Robin, and Wonder Woman. What are they worth?