Publisher: DC Comics (1978)
Includes: Listed Below
Dork Note: For a more in depth look at the Cancelled Comic Cavalcade - Check out Tom McNeely's Cancelled Comic Cavalcade Issue #1 and Cancelled Comic Cavalcade Issue #2
Clipped from Wikipedia: Cancelled Comic Cavalcade featured a collection of unpublished stories which were originally slated as "next issue" stories for over thirty-five comic book titles which were discontinued as a result of the 1978 DC Implosion.
Cancelled Comic Cavalcade in the summer 1978 two-issue ashcan "series" which "published" the work in limited quantity solely to establish the company's copyright. The title was a play on DC's 1940s series Comic Cavalcade.
Some of the material already produced for the cancelled publications was later used in other series, however. The two volumes, composed of some of these stories along with earlier inventoried stories, were printed by DC staff members in black-and-white on the office photocopier. A total of 35 copies of each volume were produced, and distributed to the creators of the material, to the U.S. copyright office, and to Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide as proof of their existence. Considered a valued collectible, a set of both issues was valued as high as $3,680 in the 2011-2012 edition of the Comic Book Price Guide.
Contents ranged from completed stories to incomplete artwork. Although color covers were created, the interior pages (having been reproduced on a photocopier in the days prior to widespread use of color photocopy technology) were black and white. The first issue carried a cover price of only 10 cents, while the second carried a cover price of $1, but this was in jest, as the publication was never actually "sold".
- Black Lightning #12 (later printed in World's Finest Comics #260), cover to #13
- Claw the Unconquered #13 and #14
- The Deserter #1
- Doorway to Nightmare #6 (later printed in The Unexpected)
- Firestorm #6 (later adapted as back-up stories in The Flash)
- The Green Team: Boy Millionaires #1 and #2 (to have followed a try-out in 1st Issue Special #2)
- Kamandi #60 and #61 "OMAC" back-ups would also appear in Warlord #37-39 (September-November 1980)
- Prez #5
- Shade, the Changing Man #9 "The Odd Man" story would appear in Detective Comics #487 (December 1979-January 1980)
- Showcase #105 featuring Deadman, later printed slightly edited in Adventure Comics #464, #106 The Creeper
- Secret Society of Super-Villains #16, #17
- Steel #6, later reprinted with edits in All-Star Squadron #8-9 (April-May 1982)
- The Vixen #1
- covers for Army at War #2, Battle Classics #3, Demand Classics #1 and #2, Mister Miracle #26, Ragman #6, Weird Mystery Tales #25 and #26, Western Classics #1 and #2