Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Wanted TPB: Arsenal

Writer: C.J. Henderson then Devin Grayson
Artist: William Rosado and Rick Mays
Publisher: DC Comics (1996 and 1998)
Includes: Arsenal Special and Arsenal #1-4
 

I did not read the one-shot but I thought it would be cool to include it in the TPB. The four-issue mini-series by Devin Grayson was a fun storyline, but what really makes me want this mini as a TPB is Rick Mays artwork. I first saw his work in Kabuki Agents: Scarab which grabbed my attention and led me to pick up this mini. He has a nice style going, which is a mixture of both American and Manga comics.

I would like to see what Rick Mays could do with a main book, but we'll see what the Comic Gods bestow.

Fun Fact (clipped from Wikipedia): While the Green Arrow was away on a cross-country adventure with Green Lantern and Black Canary, Roy became addicted to heroin; the award-winning story played out in Green Lantern vol. 2, #85-86 in September and November 1971. Once Roy's secret was discovered, Green Arrow angrily punched him and then threw Roy out on the street. Green Lantern later found him and left him in the care of Black Canary, who stayed by his side while he went through withdrawal. Soon after, he had a confrontation with Green Arrow that caused the two of them to stop working together.

No comments: