Sunday, March 19, 2017

Rob's Room: Bernie Wrightson. 1948-2017

Bernie Wrightson
1948 - 2016

Bernie Wrightson, Comic Book Artist and Swamp Thing Co-Creator, Dies At 68
From Liz Wrightson:  Austin, TX - 3-18-2017  
Legendary comic book artist and illustrator Bernie Wrightson has lost his long battle with brain cancer. He is survived by his wife Liz, sons John and Jeffrey, stepson Thomas, and countless friends and fans. We will have a celebration of life for him later this year. His full obituary can be found here: www.berniewrightson.com  
Thank you for the many years of love and support!  <3
I remember seeing that panel below from 'The Cult' the first time.  My jaw dropped.  I had never seen Batman utterly broken.  The juxtaposition of Robin amongst all the carnage made me shudder.  I must have stared at that page for hours (and returned to look at it many times).  Bernie Wrightson's work haunted me... and I thank him for that!

More of his amazing works can be found here:
Bernie Wrightson Retires
Bernie Wrightson's Batman

No comments: