Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Wanted Movie by the Dork: Joss Whedon's Wonder Woman

UPDATED with VIDEO! 

Joss Whedon's Promotional Poster for Wonder Woman

Woman Movie History (clipped Wikipedia): In March 2005, Warner Bros. and Silver Pictures announced that Joss Whedon would write and direct the film adaptation of Wonder Woman. According to Joel Silver, the script would cover Wonder Woman's origin and include Steve Trevor: "Trevor crashes on the island and they go back to Man's World."

After being handed the role of script-writer for close to two years, though, Whedon still had not managed to write an actual script, "It was in an outline, and not in a draft, and they studio
executives didn't like it. So I never got to write a draft where I got to work out exactly what I wanted to do."

In February 2007, Whedon departed from the project, citing script differences with the studio. Whedon reiterated, "I never had an actress picked out, or even a consistent front-runner. I didn't have time to waste on casting when I was so busy air-balling on the script."

Whedon stated, "I would go back in a heartbeat if I believed that anybody believed in what I was doing. The lack of enthusiasm was overwhelming."


Joss Whedon is a master of portraying female characters in lead roles. The women of his series, from Buffy to Firefly, are not only strong in body and character but sexy as all hell. A lethal combination for both the male and female audience.
There is no other Director I would want on a Wonder Woman movie and if I had three dork wishes that would be one of them. 

The second dork wish would be for Monica Bellucci to play the part of Wonder Woman. And my final dork wish would be for her to be twenty years younger. Not that she couldn't do it now, but damn if I'm making wishes...why not.
  
But if wishes weren't involved and I had to pick someone. I would go with my girlfriend's choice...Gina Torres. Who by the way said that she would love to do the part and has been practicing on her transformational twirl since she was a youngster.

No comments: