Monday, April 30, 2018

Wanted TPB: Mr. and Mrs. Superman

Writer: Various
Artist:
Various
Publisher:
DC Comics (1978-82)

Includes:
Action Comics #484, Superman #327 and #329, The Superman Family #195-199 and 201-222

Clipped: In the 1970's, they also brought back the "Golden Age" versions of the characters in a combined book that took a lot of their prior serials and supersized them into one issue that featured Supergirl, Lois Lane, Jimmy Olsen and others. One of the new features was called "Mr. and Mrs. Superman" which followed Kal-L/Clark Kent, his wife Lois, and their careers at the Daily Star where he worked as an editor.

I'm a sucker for Earth 2 stuff and this would be a great addition to my TPB library.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

As far as I know, these stories have never been collected. I'd like a TPB of them myself, but haven't been able to find any indiocation that there is one.

Anonymous said...

Is there a website that lists all the Mr. & Mrs. Superman stories?

I think there was one in Alter Ego, but all my magazines are in Los Angeles.

The stories are very nostalgic but rather simplistic and dated. Still it's nice how Bridwell brought back forgotten villains like Metalo (one L) and the Archer.

The Dork said...

I don't know if there is a list on-line the best reference for Earth 2 Superman was...
http://www.comicbookdb.com/character_chron.php?ID=190

Doppelgänger said...

It’s Kal-L not Kal-El