Thursday, August 11, 2016

Rob's Room: Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayham at Outside Lands 2016!

I had an impromptu road trip up to my old stomping grounds when a friend messaged me he had an extra ticket to the Outside Lands Music Festival at Golden Gate Park in San Francisco.  I threw a bag together and made the 5+ hour pilgrimage north to The City. It was an AWESOME trip, but one "nerdy" performance stands out for the purpose of this blog.

Now, my dork friends,  I have seen some AMAZING concerts in my life (Bowie, Prince & the Revolution, Metallica, Guns N' Roses, Grateful Dead), but I have never before witnessed anything like Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayham at Outside Lands!  Watching Animal work his drum kit live was a religious experience... Amen!
(Pics via Consequence of Sound)
Fortunately, you can share in my religion by watching the entire show here:
Thank you, Ranger Dave, for hosting a helluva weekend (and extra special thanks to my generous friends who invited me & let me crash in their hotel room)!  Look forward visiting you again in 361 days!
 My view of the performance:
Outside Lands 2016 Lineup:
One more thing... If you ever have the chance, go see LCD Soundsystem live (preferably with all 70,000 of your favorite friends)!

No comments: