Monday, March 28, 2016

Rob's Room: Zack Snyder Takes Over The Greatest American Hero by Marcelo Braga

I watched Batman v Superman over the weekend.  It's biggest sin was that it was boring!  Yet, I am most surprised at how little the filmmakers seem to understand or like the characters.  That said, Affleck's Batman was solid (even though Snyder doesn't quite get the "heroes don't kill" philosophy...).  I can't believe how bothered I was by geography in this world (I won't say exactly what it was, but it was such a lazy story point).  Also, the Zach Snyder described "fun" way they treated Jimmy Olsen is unforgivable (Spoiler at link) - I was less bothered (meaning it didn't bother me at all...) when I thought the Jenny character was Jenny Olsen.   I'd probably have been more charitable had I not just finished Season 2 of Daredevil - where they understand those minor details of story, character, etc. -- you know, the unimportant stuff in a movie!
Zack Snyder Takes Over The Greatest American Hero by Marcelo Braga

1 comment:

The Dork said...

First thing I said to Nick was,"wow, that was surprisingly boring!"