Thursday, November 25, 2010

Art of: Animation by Filmation

Every Saturday morning I gobbled sugary cereals in front of my favorite shows from Filmation. Shows like...Star Trek, Shazam!, The Batman-Tarzan Adventure Hour, Ark II, Tarzan And The Super 7, The New Adventures Of Flash Gordon, and The Tarzan/Lone Ranger Adventure Hour, Blackstar, and The Kid Super Power Hour With Shazam!

This book needs a serious reprint. If you can find this book on Ebay and that is a big "IF" then it usually runs hundreds of dollars!

Review Animation by Filmation by Thomas R. Cook posted on Amazon.com:

The book is Awesome so if you get a chance... pick it up!!! I happen to have been an animator at Filmation Studios from 1980 until they closed their doors. It was best place I ever worked as far as the friendship between the artists and the fun we had daily.

My heart almost stopped when I heard that a French company was going to purchase Filmation and that they mainly wanted us because of the large library of shows that they could release on video and that they had NO desire to keep the Studio open for any new production.

Lou Scheimer battled as long as he could to keep us in business and I am "Eternia"lly grateful to him.

No comments: